Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will reopen to guests Jan. 2, 2022
As part of their 50th anniversary celebration this year the Walt Disney World Resort is set to reopen Typhoon Lagoon.
The fun, tropical waterpark will reopen on January 02, 2002.
So make plans now for your entire family to enjoy Disney's fun water park once again - even in January.
Thanks to the warm weather in Orlando Typhoon Lagoon can reopen even in January.
What a perfect way to spend your winter season.
Typhoon Lagoon was closed in March 2020, along with the rest of Disney World due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Walt Disney World to introduce Disney Genie this fall
We’re almost ready to let Disney Genie out of the lamp!
Coming this fall to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, Disney Genie is a complimentary and convenient new digital service designed to create your best Disney day. We’ve been listening to your feedback – you want planning to be easier, you want more flexibility and you want better tools to help you make the most of your visit – and that’s exactly what Disney Genie is here to do. We’ve made significant investments in this cool new technology, which guides you through our theme parks with tips that can help you reduce time in lines, discover magic around every corner and take the guesswork out of “what’s next.”
Built right into the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps, Disney Genie service will maximize your park time, so you can have more fun. It includes a personalized itinerary feature that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day. From specific attractions, foodie experiences and entertainment, to general interests like Disney princesses, villains, Pixar, Star Wars, thrill rides and more – just tell Disney Genie what you want to do and it will do the planning for you.
Here are a few more features:
- Get Itinerary Updates from Morning to Night: Disney Genie will continue to update your itinerary throughout your day, so you can be more spontaneous and go with the flow.
- Find Your Favorites at a Glance:Create your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorites. It will display current AND forecasted future wait times, helping you predict when you might experience quicker entry to attractions.
- Enjoy More Flexibility and Fun: Disney Genie brings existing planning features together in one place. Join a virtual queue at certain attractions, make dining and experience reservations, mobile order food at many locations, get help from a virtual assistant and more.
For even more convenience and flexibility, there are two other options for enjoying our theme parks, through a queue we are introducing called the Lightning Lane entrance that also saves you time in line:
- Disney Genie+ service (available for purchase): For the price of $15 per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort and $20 per ticket per day at Disneyland Resort, choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day – from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). This convenient option is the next evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories – augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World Resort and unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads from your day if you are visiting Disneyland Resort.
- Individual attraction selections (available for purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance – like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure park (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park and will be announced closer to launch.
Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks, great for those who love the Park Hopper option. Attractions continue to offer a traditional standby queue, or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – to maximize flexibility.
While the FASTPASS, FastPass+ and Disney MaxPass services will be retired, we’re incredibly excited about the flexibility and choices Disney Genie service provides. You can choose from all of our new options, a mix of them or none at all, and continue to have a great experience no matter how you decide to plan your best Disney day.
Happily Ever After fireworks at Magic Kingdom
The wait is over!
The Magic Kingdom's Cinderella Castle
is once again the place to be during your next Walt Disney World vacation.
Enjoy the brand new edition of "Happily Every After" fireworks display.
And don't forget ...
this pool view condo at the Windsor Hills Resort
is located only a few minutes away!
Windsor Hills Pool View condo and the Walt Disney World Resort
Happily Ever After firworks at Magic Kingdom and Epcot
Fireworks are returning to Walt Disney World on July 1st.
Magic Kingdom Park and EPCOT.
“Happily Ever After” will transform Cinderella Castle with lights, projections and pyrotechnics.
Moments from favorite Disney stories encourage you to grab hold of your dreams and make them come true.
Tree Trek Adventure Park - near Windsor Hills
Looking for thrills? You’ve come to the right place!
Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park is a progressively challenging aerial obstacle course.
Set high atop the trees in a natural pine forest, each one more exhilarating than the last.
Swing on Tarzan Ropes
Climb Ladders 50-feet Up
Leap into Hanging Nets
Cross Wobbly Suspended Bridges
Navigate Swinging Logs
Balancing on Hanging Skate Boards
Soaring Through the Trees on Giant Zip Lines
Ocean's Electric at Sea World - Spectacular fireworks - nightly
When the sun goes down, the night fires up at SeaWorld’s Electric Ocean.
Stay late all summer to immerse yourself in exotic worlds of light and music and experience your favorite SeaWorld attractions in a whole new way.
Join playful, glowing sea creatures and world-class DJs for a family-friendly dance party beneath the waves.
Then end the night with Ignite, a fireworks and fountains spectacular that brings the brilliance of the sea to the sky above.
Put a charge in your summer at SeaWorld’s vibrant Electric Ocean.
Now - August 8, and select nights through September 6.
Windsor Hills Resort - A day trip away from a world class beach
The Windsor Hills Resort, centrally located in Kissimmee, Florida is perfectly located between both Florida coasts.
With Clearwater Beach to the west along the Gulf of Mexico and world famous Daytona Beach to the east along the Atlantic Ocean, Windsor Hills is the perfect choice to call your home base while you enjoy all that Florida has to offer.
So consider doing what so many past guests of this condo have done and think of the condo as your Florida home while you set out to really see more than just the thrills of Orlando.
For example, Cocoa Beach is only about an hour east of Orlando while Clearwater Beach is about an hour and a half west.
Cocoa offers the incredible waves that come splashing in along the ocean while Clearwater stays true to it's name with the calm waves from the Gulf.
Daytona meanwhile offers you the chance to drive your vehicle right on sand. An experience that is quite unique for most Orlando vacationers.
So if you were planning on driving to Orlando and happen to be passing by one of these world class beaches why not consider adding a day or two to your already amazing Walt Disney World vacation?
There is something to be said for soaking in the sun while sipping a cold drink along Florida's pristine beaches.